Wednesday 16 January 2008

one for tonite

Photobucket
I hate winter. I'm ill again. It's now the third time in two months, that I've been sick and that is surely three times too much. I'm sorry, but I have to hurry through this very short post, because my head is on the verge of exploding and I don't wanna start crying right here in the library.
Right, Lightspeed Champion's debut Falling Of The Lavender Bridge is due on February, the 5th. I can hardly say, that I longingly awaited this album, because I never really listened much to Test Icicles.
For those who don't already know, Devonte Hynes is now Lightspeed Champion and was formerly member of indie/punk/dance combo Test Icicles, who, unfortunately, split up in 2006.
Anyway, how is Falling Of The Lavender Bridge? It is surely different than I expected. I completely ignored the single Galaxy On The Lost, which was released in November, so I was pretty surprised by the outcome of the record. I expected dance tunes or at least something weird or funky, but it is just so so much better. It is a mixture between country/folk tunes, compiled with wonderful melodies and despite the irritable song titles, fine lyrics. Especially the instrumental use on Falling Of The Lavender Bridge is rather interesting. Songs starting off with acoustic guitars and ending with an orchestra. This is pretty cool for 'just a debut album'
Anyway, listen to some songs from Falling Of The Lavender Bridge:

MP3: Lightspeed Champion - Devil Tricks For A Bitch
MP3: Lightspeed Champion - Dry Lips
MP3: Lightspeed Champion - No Surprise (For Wendela)/Midnight Surprise

preorder it @amazon

I'm off.
G'bye

No comments: