Saturday 17 November 2007

So, I kept my promise

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
for the past two or three weeks, I've received lots and lots of music, all send to me by some bands or DJs, and I'm really, really sorry that I couldn't get earlier to it. I can't discuss all the bands today, so I'll do a part 2 in the next couple of days.
Let's start with the Buffet Libre DJs, who send me their own set called Verbena Selected, which was not only put together by them, but also by the artists, the mix is featuring. An' these are only the finest, such as Dragonette, Simian Mobile Disco, The Bloody Beetroots or my latest favourite Midnight Juggernauts.
So, here's the tracklist, have fun:

MP3: Buffet Libre DJs - Verbena Selected

1.Pomomofo- Back At The Club (Boy 8-bit Remix) -> Selected by Loose Cannons
2.M.I.A. - Boyz (The Twelves Remix) -> Selected by Bag Raiders
3.Project Jenny, Project Jan – 320 -> Selected by Amable
4.Friendly Fires – On Board -> Selected by Bilbadino
5.Ocelot – Our Time (Demo) -> Selected by Dragonette
6.LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous (Soulwax Remix) -> Selected by Simian Mobile Disco
7.Daft Punk – Technologic (Digitalismj Remix) -> Selected by Shitdisco
8.Klaxons – Atlantis To Interzone (Crystal Castles Remix) -> Selected by Pomomofo
9.Bag Raiders – Fun Punch -> Selected by Yelle
10.Chemical Brothers - Salmon Dance (Crookers Wow Mix 2) -> selected by The Bloody Beetroots
11.Rainer Weichhold vs. Dandi & Ugo - Infinite Template (Kissy Sell out remix) -> Selected By Alex Gopher
12.Dj Dlg And Laidback Luke - Ambition (Laidback Luke Remix) -> Selected by Ocelot
13.Boys Noize - & Down -> Selected by D.I.M
14.Justice – D.A.N.C.E. (live version)
15.Dusty Kid - Tsunamy on Systematic -> Selected by Play Paul
16.D.I.M. - Airbus Baby. -> Selected By Hostage
17.Lionel Richie – Dancing On the Ceiling -> Selected By Midnight Juggernauts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Let's go on with Fever Marlene who sent me (along their other 'favourite' bloggers - seems like we're the elite?) their newest record Civil War, which the band has produced and released independently. It took a bit to get into the record, because at first it seemed a bit tautoligic and repetitive at some places, but after listening a few times, some tracks do stick out, escpecially Red Fire, my favourite track of the record. Get Civial War on iTunes.
Next we got a really cool remix by Fisher Preyes DJs of Maudite Dance's Underground. Fisher Preyes also have their own self-titled blog, which you should check out here. It's surely worth one or more reads.
Then Ponderosa sent me some demo tracks of their forthcoming album, on they claim to be working on in the coming months. They're music is a throwback, lots of accoustic guitars, kinda like The Checks (whom I told you about last week) or a bit similar to The Films - sounding in the range of the 60's. Nothing really new, but they don't claim to do so.
It's cool, so I'm gonna post two songs.
Then we probably got the danciest and craziest song from Operahouse (on the pic above) - I mean danciest indie song, of course. Please have a look at their myspace for tours, upcoming releases, etc.
I'd like to post more songs and discuss more bands today, but, unfortunately, I'm running out of time.
So, have a listen to these songs, check out their myspace, homepages etc and then try to purchase some of the music if available.

MP3: Fever Marlene - Red Fire
MP3: Maudite Dance - Underground (Fisher Preyes Remix)
MP3: Ponderosa - Moonlight Revival
MP3: Ponderosa - I Wanna Lay You Down
MP3: Operahouse - Jarvis

g'bye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOT THE FEVER ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Saw this band play at Summer fest in Mil.,Wi. Great sound! Also saw them in NY and Chicago. Love their CD and can"t wait for their new release this spring.

#1 FAN