Saturday 15 March 2008

you can dish it/splash it/flush it and push it


I've just listened to the leaked version of The Kooks' sophomore LP Konk. It's not half bad, it's ok, actually. The thought of being one of the first ones to blog about Konk is tempting, very tempting indeed... but I've decided to give Konk a second(or even more...?) listen and then I'll review.. and I don't want the web sheriffs here, pfsh. Damn you. Anyway, there's a slight chance I might be going on vacation this evening for a week, so I compiled a somewhat large post - mix of indie and electro, something old and a lot of new stuff. If I'm going on vacation, I don't think I'll have the chance to post anything then, so this has to suffice. If I'm not going, then...what the f', it's still a large, somewhat good mix.
Since I don't expect you to download all the 18(or 19?) songs one by one, I was so generous to zip them: mix n#6 or whatever
otherwise:

MP3: Alex Gopher - Aurora (Riot In Belgium & Knightlife Remix) 
MP3: New Rave Kids on the Block - Strange Phenomenon 
MP3: Matthew Dear - Don't Go This Way 
MP3: Sébastien Tellier - Une Heure
MP3: Atomic Hooligan - Pread Good Vibes 
MP3: DSL - Invaders 
MP3: Trash Fashion - Why Can't We Be Friends 
MP3: Kap Bambino - New Breath 
MP3: Born Ruffians - Badonkadonkey 
MP3: The Presets - This Boy's In Love 
MP3: We Are Scientists - Spoken For 
MP3: Feadz - Hawaian Smu 
MP3: The Von Bondies - Wake Me Up
MP3: Natalie Portman's Shaved Head - Sophisticated Side Ponytail
MP3: The Coral - Willow Song 
MP3: The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age Of The Understatement 
MP3: Autokratz - Last Show 
MP3: David E. Sugar - To Yourself 

some explanations:
The tracks from Alex Gopher, Autokratz, David E. Sugar, and Feadz are basically self-explanatory: they're all electronic goodness. Kap Bambino is just funny. Atomic Hooligan's Sex Drugs and Blah Blah Blah is decent, cool beats and breaks, mixed with hip hop. NRKOTB are funny, kinda like a Brazilian mix of Hadouken! and Klaxons. New Matthew Dear track is from Asa Breed recordings and can be downloaded for free from Ghostly International. Sébastien Tellier's Sexuality is alright, though. French electro, huh? Same goes for DSL, Ed Banger Crew, so what'd you expect. Trash Fashion's Why Can't We Be Friends EP is finally out and awesome. Get it here. Born Ruffians are a squirky, Candian indie rock band and had their debut Red, Yellow & Blue released recently. Thought I should post a bit o'them. I got the Presets track of the forthcoming Apocalypso from Hyperbole, it's cool, it's dance, but not as raw as My People. WAS's new record Brain Thrust Mastery alright, same goes for Von Bondies' We Are Kamikazes Aiming Straight For Your Heart EP. Ok, Von Bondies EP is better than Brain Thrust Mastery, I got it, I got it, purchase both @ amazon. I couldn't help but post a song, when first heard of NPSH(what the f '?) - Secret Crush EP is not that bad, tho. New Coral single Put The Sun Back is really not that depressing, which makes it kinda listenable for me. Willow Song is the b-side of the 7". Last Shadow Puppets's track I had lying in my iTunes library for a while, but can't really say why I got it and where I got it. Hmm, why is my memory so bad? Can't tell, can't tell...
-after a quick glance at wiki, I finally got my anwser: the new, kinda side project of Arctic Monkeys' singer Alex Turner. Huh, what'd you know?

-I'm off.
take care

2 comments:

Evan Seyfried said...

nice dude. keep up the good posting

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZLCR_PwxRQ