Friday 25 April 2008

hello? is this thing on?


I was quite pleasantly surprised to find out today, that Hadouken! remixed The Whip's Frustration and the outcome is really good. Well, of course it's good, because it's Hadouken! remixing an already fantastic The Whip song. Anyway, the best part is: you can download it for free from The Whip's website, as they described it in their blog. To avoid signing up for The Whip's website for whatever reason, you can aswell download it below. And if you haven't got a copy of The Whip's X Marks Destination, you can purchase your it on HMV.

So, as usual, this track has already made the rounds of some blogs, but to make absolute sure, that everyone knows the true promise of The Black Ghosts' new song I Want Nothing remixed by Frankmusik, I'll upload it anyway. I Want Nothing will be out in the next few days, on April 28th to be precise and is the first single to be taken from their forthcoming debut album. Even better, the debut album has already a release date, namely the end of June. So stay optimisitic my friends that the record really drops at the end of June via Southern Fried Records and in the meantime, purchase I Want Nothing by clicking this.

I wasn't quite sure wether to post this remix or not. I'm not a big fan of Muse remixes, mostly because the result turns out to sound distorted and just.. wrong. Since I'm a huge Muse fan, I always feel as though the magic within the songs vanishes, when remixed. Nevertheless, the Does It Offend You, Yeah? remix of Map Of The Problematique isn't half bad, so:
Next Bipolar Badwise from Melbourne make cool synth electro. They were formerly known as industrial based TNB, but changed name and genre in 2006 to make really nice electro. You can also listen to more songs on their myspace or on Triple J Unearthed. As far as I can see, there is no release coming up, but if I were you, I'd check on their myspace every now and then.

Let me tell you about Fan-Tan: They're hailing from North Carolina, but are now based in New York City. I'd describe their music as experimental indie rock. They've just had an EP out called Bars In Windows. If you like what you hear, please go here for any further information.

So, Swedish The Sweet Serenades really do make sweet indie pop music and call their music "testosterone pop". I Can Never Die remind me of a softer, Swedish version of Los Campesinos! and as Los Campesinos! are awesome, you can think your part. They've released their second EP called First Taste and have their debut album in recording which is scheduled for later this year. You can get their EP by either hopping over to iTunes or CD Baby.
MP3: The Sweet Serenades - I Can Never Die (YSI)
The Satin Peaches remind me of some bands, whose name I just can't come up with. I know it's also a cool indie pop band... if there were a machine which would take my thoughts and then put it into words or music and find me a perfect match, that'd be so cool. Anyway, as already said, The Satin Peaches are a cool indie band from Detroit and just signed to Island Records in the UK. After their single Well Well Well Well in 2007, they're putting out an album later this year. If you're interested, go watch The Satin Peaches TV on their website for updates.
MP3: The Satin Peaches - Wash It Away (YSI)
And the last one for today: A very, very awesome remix of Boys Noize' & Down by The Missiles, which someone dropped in a comment box of one of my former posts:
Thanks to the anonymous poster!
 - I'm off

No comments: